Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day Seventeen: What happened in your life that you never expected to happen?

Me, Danica and Ashley a million years ago :)
I never thought that I would be reunited with my long lost childhood friend and her family, Ashley and her parents Sharon and TC.
This family has been very close to mine since before I was born.  My mother was best friends with Sharon making Sharon a second mother to me.  Ashley and I grew up together in Santa Fe, NM.  A few years later her family moved to Farmington and we went to Albuquerque.  We all stayed in touch and both of our families made trips to Farmington and Albuquerque to spend time together and even holidays.  I have SO many memories growing up with this family.  Building haunted houses, dying our hair with Kool-Aid, staying up till wee hours of the night eating junk food, sleeping through the night on the trampoline, making up dances and songs, going skiing all around the state, carrying fake baby dolls around town pretending they were our real babies, playing with her cat that always would suck on her blankets, and even going to school with her.
My childhood memory of this family is so special to me.  As we all got older we grew apart.  That's just what happens.  Ash moved to CA for 10 years and I was in AZ for 10 years.  And here we are.  Her family is back in Santa Fe and Ash and I are back in Albuquerque.  Once I found Ashley on myspace, I had always hoped we would reunite and we have on a level that I didn't think was possible.  I am SO happy to have her here and same with her mom and dad.  It's like we are a family again.  Makes my heart smile.      

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Kira! I'm crying. I love you so much. That was the most precious - sweet sweet words. Tears running down my cheeks while I reflect those fun memories. We are family. And I vow for us to never be separated again. You've done an amazing job journeling and being honest with your life journey. I respect and love you always.

    ReplyDelete