Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day Eleven: What was the most selfish thing you did?

The most selfish decision I made just occurred and I don't feel good about it.  I know we are no longer in 2010 but I couldn't really think of another situation.  Basically, Addie is out of town for her lung biopsy and I had previously made dinner plans with a friend who I haven't seen in a while.  Addie's procedure is today (right now actually).  My sister didn't directly ask me to cancel them but I made the selfish decision to go instead of stay with my sister.  I know she is sad she can't be with her daughter during this medical procedure and I always do everything I can to help her but this time I didn't.  I feel really bad about it.
(admitting you have done something selfish is not easy and really hurts.)

Danica, I am really sorry I can't be there with you right now to keep you company.  I hope you don't think I am a selfish person.  But next time if you really do need me for anything, please don't hesitate to ask and admit that you need me.

1 comment: