Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day Two: What are you most grateful for this past year?

The day she left hospital at the Denver Zoo= The happiest day of my life

This post also goes hand in hand with my previous post, 2010 Biggest Accomplishment.  I am most grateful for my niece Addison and her will to live.  Boy has this little girl had a rough rough year, even a rough rough life.  I never really understood why children are dealt with such misery and pain when they are so young.  It just doesn't seem fair.

For those of you who don't know, Addison was diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension last summer.  She went to Denver for a simple procedure and ended up in cardiac arrest and on life support.  The thought of loosing Addie is and was so devastating. I never want to have to think about that again.  Thankfully, Addie was rehabilitated back to herself months later.

Addie warms everyone's heart, puts a smile on everyone's faces, and that light in her heart never dies down.  She brings me so much joy even just thinking of her.  Her will to live is amazing and you will never meet a little girl like Addie.  Every time I walk up to the house, her face lights up and I here her say "AUNTIE! Come see me auntie!" That is the best feeling I have ever felt.  After I graduated from ASU, I left Arizona primarily to be with my family.  And every time I see Addie, I know I made the right move no matter what.

Addie, you are my sunshine.  There is no possible way I could love you more than I do now.  I am eternally grateful for you. 

1 comment:

  1. Loved this day so much! Also the day we found out she was hanging in there after being off the machines. I was so nervous that day waiting for the news. Love you all, and I'm so glad she fought through all this. Santa Clause is comin'! Yay! What a true blessing. <3

    ReplyDelete