Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day Six: What was the best advice you gave this past year?

This one is tough for me.  I always get compliments on giving good advice and how helpful I am when friends are in need... but the problem is I love to talk so I don't really know when I am "giving advice".  I guess there have times this year when I had friends who were going through a rough time and I helped talk them through it, but nothing really sticks out in my mind the past few days that I have been thinking about this.

I know that I encouraged my sister to be strong and remain positive when Addie was ill.  Another friend was about to make a huge life changing decision and I didn't tell her what to do but only told her that no matter what she did choose, I would stand by her choice 100% and support her.  Another friend wanted to break up with her boyfriend because of small difference and minor dislikes but I told her to put those aside because they aren't worth ended a relationship for.  She took that advice and is still dating him and she seems the happy girl that I knew she would be.

I love giving advice.  Advice for big problems or even little every day issues.  Most importantly, I love listening to what people have to say and if you know me, I usually have a response if you need one.

Since I am unsure of the best advice I gave and you think I gave you great advice, I'd really like to know :D

No comments:

Post a Comment