Monday, December 20, 2010

Day One: What was your biggest accomplishment?

My niece Addison got pretty sick right this past summer and ended up on life support for a few weeks and has undergone months of recovery.  My biggest accomplishment in 2010 is when I raised about $2000 for Help Addie Fight wristbands.  This money went directly to my sister and her family to help pay for medical expenses as well as everyday living expenses since they were living at the hospital. My very good and supportive friend Katy set up a Facebook Prayer Group Page and the word spread like a wild fire!  Not only did I personally raise money, but a lot of other people took a lot of time out of their life to help raise money in their own ways as well (THANK YOU SO MUCH APD AND THE APD UNION!)
Along with just raising money for my family, I was also there 110% for each of them.  I am so fortunate to have been able to get out there a few weeks a month to help be a support as well as help them get stuff done (errands etc.)  I love spending time with my family!  So my other 2010 biggest accomplishment was also just being there for my family in this terrible time of our lives.
Please continue to pray for Addie.  She will always need our prayers.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment