Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day Four: Is there something you said to someone that hurt their feelings? If so, what was it? and do you take it back?

Seriously, I don't think I have said anything hurtful to anyone this year.  As I mentioned in my 30 Days of Truth Challenge, I really choose my words wisely and try very hard to think before I react!  A lot has happened to my family in 2010 that the only words that really stick out in my head were all hopeful, positive, spiritual, and healing.  If there is anything I have said to anyone that hurt their feelings, please email me and let me know so I can take responsibility and apologize.  I really do not like hurting people's feelings like a few people out there.  It is really pathetic how some people in this world get off on treating people poorly with negatively with words.  Seriously people, what does that really do for you?  Make you higher and people lower? Enlighten me.

I actually just had a conversation with someone from high school and she apologized for stuff she has said in the past (not this past year) about me.  I had no idea she was saying or thinking these things at the time so it did sting a little, but once she made it known that she was very regretful and guilty for thinking those things about me, I felt a sense of true friendship.  Its hard to admit when you have truly hurt someone feelings, so I thank her for stepping up and bitting the bullet.  Since words can be so hurtful, I would really like to apologize right now if there was anything I have said anything negative to anyone.

Sticks and stone will break my bones but names will never hurt me.

No comments:

Post a Comment